Subscribe to the
American Spirit Magazine
the Old Glory Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution!
We're so glad you want to know more about our chapter!
Who are we?
We are a non-profit, non-political group of women with diverse interests and backgrounds, united by a spirit of service to God, Home and Country. Our chapter is very active, and our membership is 170 strong and growing! Over the past five years, our membership has grown by almost 100%, and our members range in age from 18 to 98.
What do we do?
Old Glory Daughters have been promoting historic preservation, education and patriotism in Franklin since 1897. We celebrate our bonds of love of God, Home and Country and honor our ancestors who sacrificed their lives and fortunes that we might enjoy freedom today. Here are just a few of the things we do:
- Support the United States military by sending care packages
- Honor our veterans by visiting patients at the VA hospital and contributing funds for gifts
- Celebrate significant patriotic events such as July 4th by ringing church bells
- Present framed prints of George Washington to Williamson County schools
- Sponsor the Good Citizen Program in Williamson County Schools
- Support DAR Schools and Children of the American Revolution (C.A.R.)
- Promote literacy (We won the 1st place national award for this.)
In the past year, we have hosted speakers on topics ranging from the health issues of U.S. presidents to self-defense awareness for women. Garden parties, new member teas, picnics, parades, luncheons, Christmas gatherings and the DAR Continental Congress at Washington, D.C. furnish fun times to enjoy each other's company.
- Historic Preservation
- Participate in historic preservation projects such as Fort Nashborough
- Sponsor genealogy workshops
- Participate in cemetery re-dedications and mark member gravesites
Where and when do we meet?
If you believe you have a patriot ancestor and share our interests, we welcome you to join us at our next meeting! We meet on the second Thursday of each month at 1:00 pm. For more on our meetings and programs click here.
How can you join?
For more information about membership, please contact me at email@example.com.
~Anna Shaffer, Regent
~Promoting Historic Preservation, Education, and Patriotism ~
Visit the Official Channel of the DAR, which gives a snapshot overview
of service programs and members who make the DAR so special and worthwhile.
Old Glory Chapter sponsors the
Matthew Fontaine Maury
Society of the Children of the American Revolution
Email for information and meeting location
Visit T.S.C.A.R. web site
Web hyperlinks to non-DAR sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR,
the state organizations,
or individual DAR chapters.
This web site is maintained by Old Glory Chapter.