The DAR Insignia is the property of, and is copyrighted by, the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Web hyperlinks to non-DAR sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters.
• Mark historic locations
• Support Cumberland County Archives
• Cumberland County Veterans' History Project - The Crab-Orchard Chapter collects the
personal military stories of our local veterans. These personal histories will be compiled into a
manuscript and donated to the Library of Congress, the Cumberland County Archives, and the Art
• DAR markers on Revolutionary War veterans' gravesites
• National Defense Dinner
• Honor Flight
• Flag Day Ceremony
• Assist Veterans Hospital
• Tamassee DAR School - Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in South
Carolina, Tamassee DAR School provides a residential care program for children in family crisis
while they attend local public schools. Tamassee provides a safe environment in which children
can learn the skills needed for successful adulthood.
• Other DAR Supported Schools
• Scholarships - The Crab-Orchard Chapter sponsors students in several programs including
American History Essay Contest, DAR Good Citizens Scholarship, and Tennessee History Art
Contest. For more information, review NSDAR Scholarships.
• Flag Etiquette